Sorry it has been so long since I have posted anything on our blog. We have been gone on vacation to Cabo. We got to enjoy six wonderful nights, well Aaron had six wonderful nights because I was the one getting up continuously with Molly. Aaron's parents took the entire family to Cabo for our summer vacation. Aaron's dad is retiring this fall and both Aaron's parents turn sixty this year! So, his parents wanted to treat everyone to a fabulous vacation in Mexico. And fabulous it was.
It all started with an early flight from OKC to Dallas to Cabo. Aaron and I were upgraded to first class because of all his flyer miles. First class is the way to fly. We left Jack in coach with Aunt Jessica and we sat up front and sipped cocktails. Molly was with us and she slept the entire flight. She is such a super flyer and definitely was the cutest baby on the plane.
We got to Cabo and had a driver pick us up at the airport. Here is a pic of all of our luggage. This guy got a big tip! You can't really see how large each bag was, or that there are three sets of golf clubs, and not to mention three car seats. This is not counting every one's carry on bags and two diaper bags. We had a lot of stuff!!
When we arrived at the house our personal chef had already whipped us up some great margaritas (which we got the recipe), and delicious guacamole and pico. Yum-O! Fernando was our chef and he cooked for us four of the seven days we were in Cabo. He made fish tacos, tamales, shrimp ceviche, fajitas, rice and beans, el hombre, Kahlua Flan, and of course my favorite, the margaritas. Fernando was so friendly and loved Jack, Molly, and cousin Andrew. He even told us that he has cooked for John McCain, David Hasselhoff, President Bush Sr. and several other presidents from other countries. You could say, "we felt special." His authentic Mexican cooking made the week perfect.
I wish I would have taken more pictures of the house. It was 6,000 sq feet and had a private pool and hot tub. The pool water was so warm due to the high temps. We videoed the house but forgot to take pictures with the camera. Maybe the other family members took some great pics and if so I will post them later. Here is one picture of the view of the ocean from the pool.
Aaron, Jason, and Grandpa had two days of great golf. The first day they played at Cabo Del Sol. This course is ranked the #1 golf course in Mexico. Aaron shot an 82 and was so pumped. He claims that the $350.00 putter he got for his birthday was the key to his good day. So, if you add up the cost of the new putter and the green fee for that course.....it better be a good day of golf. Here are a couple pictures of Cabo Del Sol.
On vacation, the Strope family spent their time; lounging by the pool, playing on the beach, reading, eating, playing golf, enjoying spa treatments, playing cards, sleeping, playing hide-and-seek and duck-duck-goose, and of course drinking margaritas!!! Molly enjoyed a few drinks too!!!
Here are a few more pics of our vacation.
I do have more to say and share with you. But, this is a work in progress and it's late and I am tired from packing up our house all day today. We have to be out by Monday. So, give me a little more time and I will have a slide show for you to enjoy. I just wanted to get something posted, because some of you have been bugging me about it.
6 comments:
Glad you're back. I miss talking to you and Jack and Miss Molly!!!
Man, what a trip for you guys! That place is BEAUTIFUL. I think I would pick up golf if I could golf there. You have a beautiful family Becky. It's so neat to see the 4 of your together in a pic! Love ya!
Looks like so much fun!!! Makes me excited for our upcoming vacation
Looks like such an amazing time!!! Loved all the pics! I missed you too, if you can't tell from all the missed phone calls from me :)
Glad you all had such a fun trip and got some pampering in!
Hi Becky! (saw a link to your page on Laura's). Your little family is so sweet and it looks like you had a fabulous vacation! Makes me want to go on vacation!!!
nurse becky is the best blogger in the world!
Post a Comment