Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Termites

Today we had our home inspection on our new house. I was nervous about the inspection, and it is because I watch to many HGTV shows. For instance, "Property Virgins" and "My First Place". Something always goes wrong with their inspections and they freak out that they may not get the "house of their dreams." Well, I started to freak today when the army of inspectors found live termites!!!!


The above picture shows a termite tunnel. Look for the vertical brown tunnel of dirt. The inspectors found live termites throughout the garage and mudroom/utility room. The termites have even caused structural damage to the house. The below pictures shows damage to a door frame.




After talking to our real estate agent, and my mom and dad, I soon realized that the sellers will pay to have this problem fixed. We are so excited about our new "termite infested" house. What a headache!

While I was dealing with termites, Jack and Molly were playing in the backyard. Here is a picture of Molly enjoying her first bike ride. Jack was giggling the entire time Molly was on the bike. Be sure and check out her chubby legs. She is such a chunk these days.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

OH NO Becky, hope those little varmits don't cost too much to get rid of!!