Jack can swim! He has been working so hard this summer. We started with swim lessons during the month of May. That was great because he got more comfortable with putting his face in the water. Then, I forgot to sign him up for the next month of lessons, which really worked out for the best. We spend three or more days a week swimming at my sister's pool. He has cousins that challenge and encourage him and then I spend time helping him too. On Sunday, he jumped off the diving board by himself and made it to the ladder with some help. Then on Monday he was doing it unassisted. He is so proud of his swimming and wants to start diving! Yikes!!! I told him he has to be able to swim across the pool before we work on that skill. So, this week I have been taking him to swim lessons at our neighborhood pool and they are helping him with his strokes. The lifeguards really wanted to teach him the "crawl", but Jack basically ignored their requests and kept swimming the "breast" stroke. Finally the lifeguards decided to help him perfect that stroke! He made it all the way across the pool in the 4 ft and was so excited. So, proud of my Jack!!!!
wonderful pictures, family and stories. you are a great mom and have a great family. i enjoy ready andlooking at the pics. keep up the good work.. love aunt dee ann
3 comments:
Great job Jack! You are a pro!!!
wonderful pictures, family and stories. you are a great mom and have a great family. i enjoy ready andlooking at the pics. keep up the good work.. love aunt dee ann
I read your blog everyday and I love when you post new pics.....
Post a Comment