Monday, January 25, 2010

Photography Class


The last two weekends I was enrolled in a photography class at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. I don't usually like to visit museums, in fact I find them boring. However, this museum has one particular exhibit, Dale Chihuly Glass, that is amazing. We got to take pictures of this exhibit. Now, no critiquing my photography skills from this exhibit. It was a poorly lit exhibit and we were not allowed to use our flash. It was very challenging for me, but I learned a lot about my camera.




The next two pictures were taken while lying on the floor. The ceiling down one hallway of the exhibit was covered with the glass. It was beautiful!



So, I highly recommend that you try and visit the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. If you only have time for one exhibit, the Chihuly glass exhibit is well worth your time.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so impressed with your beautiful pictures! I love the first one! Can't wait for you to teach me!!!!

Kristi said...

I love blown glass!! The kids museum in IN has a 3 story tall Chuhuly piece that is amazing. I'm impressed you laid on the floor and those photos turned out great!