Saturday, October 10, 2009

Emergency Room Visit





On Tuesday afternoon, Molly was curious about the file cabinet in Aaron's office. She pulled the file cabinet and small t.v. that sits on top of it, over on to her!


Jack was playing the computer and completely oblivious to what Molly was doing. Next thing I know, I hear Jack screaming. I found Molly next to the t.v. and sobbing. She seemed to be okay once she stopped crying. She had a red mark on her right temple and that was all I could see. But, as she tried to get down and play, she kept crying and pointing to her left shoulder. I watched her for a little while longer and she was getting very upset about her shoulder. When she wanted me to pick her up, I would put my hands under her armpits and she would scream. And I mean scream!

So, I called our pediatrician, and of course it was after 5 o'clock. She wanted me to take her to the ER and have xrays done. After sitting in the ER for 5 hours, we finally got to see a doctor. They did xrays, which Molly was not happy about. She did manage to remember her manners and told the xray lady "thank you". They then placed her arm in a splint so that she would not use that arm. Xrays looked good, however they referred us to a Pediatric Orthopedist. We got in to see the orthopedist the next day. More xrays and an exam. No broken bones or visible fractures. The doctor said that small children can be very difficult to diagnose. As an R.N. and a mom, I want a diagnosis! He told us that there could be a hidden fracture that he can't see at this time. So, he wants to see us in two weeks to reassess Miss Molly.

We got the splint off and we are rotating Tylenol and Ibuprofen. She is still hurting and cries when you pick her up wrong. The pain is somewhere in her shoulder/armpit area. Today she refuses to let us touch her in that area. She knows that it hurts her and she pushes us away. Smarty Pants.

So, hopefully it is a deep bruise that she is mad about right now. I keep hoping and praying that she will stop hurting. Her guardian angel was with her on Tuesday, because it could have been so much worse.

5 comments:

Party Of Five said...

Bless her heart. I hope she is better soon.

LB said...

I know what it feels like to have a hurt baby and no diagnosis! I feel you, sister. I hope she gets better and you'll be done with that orthopedist soon!

carriefish said...

So scary! Glad it wasn't worse. But even hurt, she still looks stinkin' adorable!!

The Sawyers said...

She's just as cute as can be! We are praying for her sweet little arm! Love you Miss Molly!

Trish said...

Miss Molly looks like Poor Pitiful Pearl.....she needs a hug from Gramma Trish