Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Potty Training



Jack asked me this morning if he could wear "Big Boy Underwear". So, before lunch we went to Target to buy Spider-man underwear. Jack was so proud. He wants to be just like his cousin, Ben. We got home from Target and the clothes came off and the underwear went on. He was dancing around and was so proud that he had "Big Boy Underwear". I believe it took a whopping 6.5 minutes before we had an accident. He came and told me that he needed to potty. We went to potty and the underwear were wet, but not soaked. So, I put him on the potty and he continued to go potty. He was so excited and wanted "Hi-fives!" The next potty break he came and said I have a little pee-pee, so he went again. I am so proud of my little man. He really wanted to take a nap while wearing his underwear, but I slipped them off and put on the diaper after he fell asleep. I don't know what I have gotten myself in to. I can see this being a major task. I am just going to let Jack take control and not push him. Aaron will be home tomorrow to help out, but we will see if he keeps this up....

Oh, Jack loves that there is a "hole" in his underwear! He said, "I can wiggle my penis!" I love being a mom to a little boy.

Well, we made it through the day wearing our big boy underwear. Jack was such a trooper. We only had two small accidents. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: